- My hormones (1 mg of Estrace and 2.5 mg of Medroxyprogesterone daily) are NOT causing my ovaries to fluctuate, and are about 1/20 of what my body would naturally produce. Since I've been on them almost 2 years and they have not made much difference in anything (no random uterus development or hormone deficiencies). I am now officially OFF them.
- I had to argue, but finally got information and paper work to go for 4 weeks' of blood work to test my progesterone try to pinpoint my cycle naturally (off hormones) and see where we stand and if they even do fluctuate. Also got one for FSH, TSH & FT4 levels.
- Just because I have not had a positive test in 5 weeks, does NOT mean I am abnormal or something else is wrong. Moving and stress can cause me to stop ovulating, as well as weight loss. Ditto with the 5 positive tests in one week. I can ovulate more or less based on my stress, hormones, etc. PCOS is very unlikely in my scenario, but the blood work might shed some light.
- I lost 4 pounds since my last visit (going from 95.4 my last two visits to 91.4 yesterday - SHUT UP I KNOW I AM TINY!!! It's muscle loss I swear....) and it could be a thyroid issue, so we are testing that as well during my blood work madness.
- I got the description of my MRI from 2010, which came to my official conclusion of having MRKH, and I can contact the other hospital these tests were done at to get copies of my scans themselves on a disc. I'm working between the IWK Women's Center in Halifax and Valley Regional in Kentville for my tests and everything.
- NURSES ARE EVIL!!!!! I'm sorry in advance to other nurses out there that aren't the ones that saw me yesterday. PLEASE do me a favor for all the other women out there. Before you see a patient, READ THEIR FILE!!!!!!!!! For God's sake, I had the first nurse ask if I was using an IUD (intra-uterine device) for contraception (I HAVE NO UTERUS) and then asked when my last period was (I HAVE NO UTERUS). WHAT EVEN. Please at least glimpse the file for information like this before you come in asking your usual questions and piss off the patient, their mother and their fiance.
Yesterday I finally went to see my gynecologist. I got some more information from her, so I'm posting it as a list since a lot of things were covered...
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know I am going to be doing a radio show tonight, Monday, March 10, 2014, with the one and only Gail Vaz-Oxlade (From Til Debt Do Us Part and Princess fame, as well as many financial help books including Money Rules and It's Your Money: Becoming a Woman of Independent Means).
The show will air at 11:35PM Eastern Standard Time. Listen in by clicking the link below! Gail will be calling me and discussing MRKH, in-vitro fertilization, and financing for the treatments, as well as our crowdfunding project on Indiegogo.
Click on the link HERE! http://www.newstalk1010.com/shows/gailvazoxlade.aspx
As most of you must know by now, I finally had my Cosmopolitan article published yesterday! It goes into detail about my struggles with MRKH and infertility, from before diagnosis to present. You can view the article by clicking the link below:
Don't forget, my Indiegogo campaign has only 29 days remaining and we are still $365 short of our goal! Please help us reach our goal of $500 and be able to start a family! The link to the campaign is at the bottom of my article.
Thank you for reading!
21 year old girl with MRKH. I am a college student, supervisor at Tim Hortons, writer and volunteer on the side. I love my animals, reading, and spending time with people closest to me! I am trying to come to terms with my syndrome. I hope to find the perfect way to start a family of our own.